Millions of people around the globe love the world of NASCAR. These racing cars speed around the track at incredible speeds with their engines roaring at ridiculous levels. It’s much like football, where games are played on a certain day – and the amount of build-up around the race is incredible. NASCAR starts in the Spring and will last through the fall, taking the cold months off. Here are a few basic types of bets within NASCAR.
Types of NASCAR Bets
- Moneyline Betting – When you are betting via the moneyline, you are choosing who you feel will win the race. Each bettor is given odds before the race, and you get to choose whose odds you feel are the best. Just because a guy has the best odds, does not always make him the best bet. An example of a moneyline bet in NASCAR: Edwards +250. This means, if you bet Carl Edwards to win the race, and he does, you win +250 of you bet. If your bet was $10, you would win $25.
- Matchup Betting – In match-up betting, you get to choose who you feel will finish in a better position than the other racer. Neither of the races has to win for the bet to be valid. All it takes is for one of the racers to finish. An example of match-up betting in NASCAR: Johnson (-140) vs. Gordon (+120). In this bet, you chose between whether you feel Jimmie Johnson will finish higher than Jeff Gordon or vice versa.
- Prop Bets – In NASCAR, all the big races will provide users with prop bets. Prop bets are an individual action that may or may not happen in the race. You are wagering on whether you feel this action will occur, or not. An example of a prop bet in NASCAR: “Length of the first caution flag”. Then, the odds makers will give you certain time lengths and the odds you get for each.
- Future Bets – In future bets, when an event is on the way, you can wager on it ahead of time. Or another future bet for NASCAR would be – starting at the beginning of the season, and wagering on who would win the overall standings. These are events that happen in the future.
- Parlay Bets – With a race coming up, bettors can place a group of racers together in a bet. Maybe an example would be listed a few racers they feel would rank in the Top 10 of a certain race. All of the racers have to comply with the bet, or it’s a loss. Parlay bets allow bettors to have a chance of winning bigger money amounts.
Top events in NASCAR you MUST bet on
- Daytona 500 – At the beautiful Daytona International Speedway. This is one of the first races of the year, and always fun to watch. Many call this the Super Bowl of NASCAR, and is definitely the race to watch within the Sprint Cup. Careful and conservative drivers stand no chance in this race.
- Brickyard 400 – Takes place at the historical Indianapolis 500 Speedway. There is a ton of history involved with the race and the track. Expect the best racers to come out on top in this race as rookies seem to have little to no chance of winning the Brickyard.
- NASCAR Spring Cup All Star Race – This Saturday night event takes place in Charlotte. There are no points involved with this race, but the $1,000,000 prize makes it intriguing to follow. The cars that are best maintained fare well here.
- Slyvania 400 – This is the first race of the chase cup. Always an interesting race. This race takes place in New Hampshire. Look for the defending champion from last year to carry the winter long momentum into this race.
Helpful hints when betting on NASCAR
If you are looking to get started in the world of NASCAR betting, or you are trying to continue your success of the sport – here are a few hints that may help you along the way:
- Watch the trends of the racers – check out how the racer/racers have done in their last several races.
- Know the type of track racing on – Some NASCAR racers have better luck on certain tracks. Know the history of a certain racer on the track involved.
- Know the weather conditions – Same thing here, some racers have a tough time racing in certain weather conditions.
Conclusion on NASCAR Betting
Good luck with all your NASCAR betting. The sport continues to emerge as a spectator leader. Betting on the race makes it all the more fun, especially when your racer comes up at the top. Be sure to watch the NASCAR odds for all the racers. Be conscious to check them out at the beginning of the week, and as the week and the race approaches.