Two teams out of the Western Conference will get together on Monday Night in New Orleans. The Oklahoma City Thunder will take on the New Orleans Hornets. These two teams have played twice this season, with the Thunder coming away with both victories. The next, and final time they will play will be on February 2nd at Oklahoma City. Both teams appear to be heading to the postseason, as the Thunder lead the Northwest Division, and the Hornets are right behind them with the fifth seed. Both teams are coming off thrilling wins on Saturday to set up this big game.
New Orleans Hornets (-2.5)
The New Orleans Hornets are winners of eight straight games. On Saturday, the Hornets blasted the top team in the league – San Antonio. The win for the Hornets pushed them into a second place tie with the Dallas Mavericks; both behind San Antonio. Chris Paul and David West are the dynamic duo for New Orleans. Paul is dishing out almost 10 assists per game and leading the team with 3 steals per game. West is the Hornets leading scorer, with 19 points per game. New Orleans is the top defensive team in the National Basketball Association, allowing 91 points per game. The Hornets are 18-5 when playing at New Orleans Areana.
Oklahoma City Thunder (+2.5)
The Oklahoma City Thunder received 30 points from Super Star Kevin Durant. Durant also knocked down the game winning three point shot, as the buzzer went off to down the New York Knicks on Saturday. The win snapped the Thunder three game losing streak, and also pushed them to 1.5 games ahead of the Utah Jazz for first place in the Northwest Division. Durant on the season is scoring 28.3 points per game. New Orleans is also getting great production from their point guard Russell Westbrook. The for UCLA star is dishing out just shy of 9 assists per game. Oklahoma City is seeking their second straight winning season. Last year the Thunder won 50 goals. That amount was seven more than the past two seasons combined (43).
This should be an excellent game featuring two premiere teams from the Western Conference. The New Orleans Hornets have the advantage; of their 8 game winning streak, win over the Spurs and playing at home. The Thunder have the most dominating player on the field, in Kevin Durant. Durant will score a bunch of points in this game, as New Orleans will play team defense and make sure they shut down other guys on the court. The Hornets are small favorites, coming in as -2.5. We feel they will cover that spread, as they will win the game by 5 points. Take the New Orleans Hornets -2.5 to beat the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Thunder are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Thunder are 14-6 ATS in their last 20 Monday games.
- Thunder are 22-10 ATS in their last 32 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Thunder are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 road games.
- Hornets are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Hornets are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Hornets are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Hornets are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a ATS win.
- Hornets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. Western Conference.
- Hornets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Hornets are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games overall.
- Hornets are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. win.
- Hornets are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 Monday games.
- Hornets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after allowing less than 75 points in their previous game.
- Over is 4-0 in Thunder last 4 vs. NBA Southwest.
- Under is 6-1 in Thunder last 7 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Over is 4-1 in Thunder last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 15-5-1 in Thunder last 21 Monday games.
- Over is 6-2 in Thunder last 8 vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Under is 8-3 in Thunder last 11 road games.
- Over is 14-6 in Thunder last 20 games following a ATS loss.
- Over is 33-16 in Thunder last 49 games following a S.U. win.
- Over is 37-18-1 in Thunder last 56 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Under is 6-1 in Hornets last 7 Monday games.
- Under is 6-1 in Hornets last 7 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Under is 6-1 in Hornets last 7 vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Under is 5-1 in Hornets last 6 games following a SU win of more than 10 points.
- Under is 5-1 in Hornets last 6 games following a ATS win.
- Under is 4-1 in Hornets last 5 games following a S.U. win.
- Under is 4-1 in Hornets last 5 games after allowing less than 75 points in their previous game.
- Under is 23-7 in Hornets last 30 vs. NBA Northwest.
- Under is 16-5 in Hornets last 21 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Under is 6-2 in Hornets last 8 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Over is 6-2 in Hornets last 8 vs. Western Conference.
- Under is 25-9 in Hornets last 34 overall.
- Under is 11-4 in Hornets last 15 home games.
Head to Head
- Thunder are 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings.
- Over is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in New Orleans.
- Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.
- Favorite is 16-7 ATS in the last 23 meetings.
Match Date - Monday, January 24, 2011
Pick: New Orleans Hornets -2.5