Betting on Tennis can be quite the enjoyment, if you know what you are doing. There are tennis matches all the time, it does not have to be the mega tournaments. Also, just because there are no big matches going on in the United States, does not mean there are none going on period. Tennis is a sport that is played pretty much all year long. The main string of Tennis that American’s know is done in the warmer months – March – October. Make sure you understand the game before you get too involved with the betting portion of it. Also, be sure to find a website that best suits you and your betting interests. Here are a few things you should know about Tennis Betting.
Types of Tennis Bets
- Moneyline Betting – Moneyline is the most common and the easiest form of betting within the game of tennis. When two players are going against each other, money line betting allows you to wager one side or the other. The line will look like this: Player A (-175), Player B (+145). You are then allowed to choose whether you feel Player A will win or Player B will win. If you choose player A, it takes $17.50 to win $10.00 If you choose Player B, a $10 bet would win you $14.50.
- Parlay Betting – With parlay betting, you are able to place several tennis players into one bet. The kicker with a parlay bet is you must get all of the bets right for it to win. This allows bettors to have the chance to win more money on one single bet. While the money you could win go ups, the chances that you have to win the bet go down with each team you ad. Parlay Bets are commonly referred to as a sucker bet.
- Future Betting – This type of bet is good before a major event happens. Even at the start of the season, a future bet may do you wonders, because you may have an idea that a certain player will really thrive. If the player is relatively new and unknown to the tennis world, you would get a great opportunity early on to wager this player to win an event or the overall chase. As the season or event moves on, the odds for that player may go up or down, depending on his/her results on the court.
- Live Betting – When you are live betting, you are wagering on what you think will happen as it unfolds. Live betting gives you the option of watching the event play out, and predict what happens next. You may think a certain player is getting ready to crumble and will lose the next game. Live betting is fun, but not always available. Check the website for availability of live betting.
Biggest Tennis Events to Bet on
- Wimbledon – Near the end of June, the biggest tennis tournament of the year. The courts in England are fun to play on, and the media beefs this baby up big time. Players love this event, and will be shooting for their top game during this tournament.
- US Open – August 29th – September 11th during 2011. The US Open played in New York is a point of pride for the country. Of course the American players take offense to any foreigner trying to take the crown of their own tournament. A lot of heated matches in the US Open.
- Australian Open – Of course, played in the beautiful continent of Australia, this event is fun due to the change of scenery for many of the players. All the top players play it in, due to it starting at the beginning of the calendar year.
- French Open – Played in Roland Garros in Paris, this event is one of the biggest of the year. This event takes place at the end of May and runs through the first week of June.
Helpful Tips for Betting on Tennis
Let’s take a look at a few helpful hints to aide you in becoming a successful bettor within Tennis.
- Know what kind of court the match is played on – Why? Because some players are simply better on grass than on the turf. This makes a big difference in a match.
- Know the weather for the event – Again, some players are terrible in bad weather, why others thrive with it. Know the trends and bet accordingly.
- Know who may be injured – One player or the other may have a nagging injury. Check the reports and take note of it before you place your wager.
- Do your homework on the odds – Check the odds at your favorite sports book, and if you are a “shopper”, shop around and check the best odds available.
Conclusion on Tennis Betting
There you go – take it for what it is and enjoy betting on Tennis. It’s a sport where you can get up in the morning and wager on a match, or stay up late at night and wager on a match. Do your homework and know the game before you bet on it!